The Scholars’ Praise for Shaykh Rabee’ Ibn Haadee Al-Madkhalee

Author: Maktabah Al-Idreesee As-Salafiyyah, San’aa, Yemen

Source: Al-Manhaj
Translator: Abu Maryam Isma’eel Alarcon

Published: Wednesday 12th August, 2015

Shaykh Saleem Al-Hilaalee:

He, may Allaah preserve him, said in his introduction to Shaykh Rabee's book "Methodology of Ahl-us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah in Criticizing Men, Books and Groups" (page 11-12):

"Indeed, refuting the people of desires is an honorable topic from the many topics of Jihaad. And how can this not be, when its people hold the position of protectors of this Religion, defending it from the distortions of the extremists, the false claims of the liars and the wrong interpretations of the ignorant. Before you, dear reader, is a treatise on the most precious and valuable (forms) of knowledge, which has been written by a noble brother (i.e. Shaykh Rabee') who strives to ensure that the Salafee Methodology remains in its pure form as was known and understood by the scholars. And he is also eager that the Muslim youth are not deceived by the mirage of the innovators and the saintly halos that they place upon the heads of their leaders and callers."

Also in the cassette "Questions from a Yemeni student to the students of Al-Albaanee", after being presented a question from the Yemeni student concerning the books of Shaykh Rabee', he responded:

"Concerning these books that have been written on this topic, then they are books that the scholars have praised, so it is in no need of my approbation nor that of those like me from the other students of knowledge. It is sufficient that Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee, hafidhahullaah, [1] has approved of them and mentioned good about them. And likewise the scholars of these lands - (i.e. in Saudi Arabia, because the tape was recorded during the time of Hajj) - have approved and praised them and written commendations for them. So the words of the scholars are sufficient for us with regard to these books, and we ask Allaah that He grant benefit by them and that He make them purely and sincerely for Him."

Footnote

[1] Translator’s Note: This tape was recorded while Shaykh Al-Albaanee, (رحمه الله), was still alive. The original source of this book was compiled before the deaths of Shaykh Al-Albaanee and Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaimeen, so the phrase “hafidhahullaah” (May Allaah preserve him) was substituted by “rahimahullaah” (May Allaah have mercy on him). In this particular quote, we decided to leave the Shaykh’s words as they were.

Return to “The Later Muslims (1401H-)”